Oracle9i How to convert from undo tables to rollback segments
Anyone try before converting from UNDO management to using rollback segment....What are the procedures for the conversion...
Follow these steps to convert from Auto UNDO to Rollback Segs....
1. With the database opened, create a rollback tablespace and then create some rollback segments and bring them online like this
CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS1 TABLESPACE RBS;
ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS1 ONLINE;
2. Then edit the PFILE and modify these parameters
Comment: UNDO_MANAGEMENT=AUTO and UNDO_TABLESPACE=UNDOTBS or whatever name you have for your UNDO tablespace.
3. Shutdown the database gracefully(normal).
4. Startup pfile=<Pfile path>
5. Sync these new parameter changes to the SPFILE by recreating the SPFILE.
6. Take a full level 0 backup of your database as the structure has changed.
The next time you start the database, it will use the SPFILE which is same as the PFILE.