After an apple hardware test on my iMac I got an error code ?
So I did an extended hardware test on my apple imac and after an hour of testing i got this error code: 4MOT1/140000003: HDD-1363. The next day I did another hardware test on my apple imac but this time iI did a quick hardware test and after about five minutes of testing this time I got the same result except this time the 4-digit code or number after the 'HDD-' changed to a different one, like... 1476. So what does this mean, I mean my computer is working perfectly fine without any problems (except for that one time when my brother punched my iMac's screen really hard a couple of times and a couple of hard punches on the hard drive however it was working fine but he did it again and it froze the time he did it again and i had to restart it but everything was STILL working fine after I restarted it !) but when I do the Hard ware test I get those errors so what does this mean ? Is it possible to fix ? Would apple fix it for free as my warranty has expired ?
All help appreciated
don't know why, but try using Disk Utility to repair the drive:
1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc that came with your computer, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
3. Click the First Aid tab.
4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
5. Select your Mac OS X volume.
6. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.